LASPAU designs and implements academic and professional program in the Americas to:
- Develop future leaders and educators in the region by strengthening higher education;
- Serve as a catalyst for cooperation between higher education institutions, governments and the private sector to promote academic, scientific and technological innovation;
- Design and execute programs aimed at promoting higher quality teaching and learning at the higher education level;
- Provide tools for academic assessment and evaluation.
Across all our initiatives, LASPAU prioritizes key areas linked to sustainable regional development, especially:
- Institutional capacity-building at higher education levels;
- The teaching of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM);
- The university-level preparation of future primary and secondary school teachers and administrators;
- English-language teaching at the level of higher education, with special emphasis on the preparation of future second and primary school teachers of English;
- Academic programs aimed at developing energy resources and at environmental protection.