- Acceptance of Terms
This page provides a place for Laspau-administered program alumni, partners and colleagues to network, share information, and post links, photos and resources.
- Description of service
Laspau’s online services operate on third party platforms including but not limited to Salesforce, Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter. These platforms provide their members with a variety of features, including but not limited to: job boards, discussion forums, photo sharing and messaging, and notifications of Laspau related news and events. Laspau reserves the right to alter the features that the Laspau’s social media channels provide at any time with no notice to network members.
- Third Party Privacy Policies and User Agreements
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login. You agree to (a) immediately notify Laspau of any unauthorized use of your login or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Laspau cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
- Member conduct
All information, data, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Laspau are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the site. Laspau does not control the Content posted on social media channels except as described below and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. In using Laspau’s social media channels, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Laspau be liable in any way for any such Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site.
Users of Laspau’s social medial channels and online services shall not use them to:
- post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• harm minors in any way;
• impersonate any person or entity;
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the site;
• post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of an employment relationship or under nondisclosure agreements);
• post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
• post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
• post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains computer code, files or programs designed to monitor the activity of any user, computer, software, computer hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in exchanges;
• interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
• intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
• stalk or otherwise harass another; or
• collect or store personal data about other users.
Laspau does not pre-screen all Content, but Laspau and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) at their sole discretion to edit, delete, refuse or move any Content that is available via Laspau’s social media channels and online services. Without limiting the foregoing, Laspau and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable. You bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Laspau may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Laspau, its users and the public.
The technical processing and transmission of the site, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
If you post Content that contains statements or depictions of violence against a person, group of people, or country, Laspau reserves the right to report Content to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Special admonitions for international use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you must comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you shall comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States, the country in which you reside, and the country you are in when you access Laspau’s online services and social media channels.
- Content submitted or made available for inclusion on the site
Laspau does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the site. Laspau only claims ownership over self generated content created by Laspau for inclusion on this site. It does not take responsibility for the inclusion of third party links or other third party content such as articles.
You will indemnify and hold Laspau and its affiliates, officers, agents, grantees or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through Laspau’s social media channels, your use of these channels, your connection to these channels, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
- No resale of service
You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of including content or information on Laspau’s online services or social media channels, use of these channels or services, or access to them.
- General practices regarding use and storage
Laspau may establish general practices and limits concerning use of its online services and social media channels, including without limitation the maximum number of days that message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access these channels in a given period of time. Laspau has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by its social media channels. Laspau reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, at its sole discretion.
- Modifications to service
Laspau reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the site (or any part thereof). Laspau shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of its online services or social media channels.
Laspau, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to its online services and social media channels, and remove and discard any Content within them, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Laspau believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. Laspau may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the site, or any part thereof. Any termination of your access to the site under any provision of this TOU may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and Laspau may immediately suspend your access to the site. Further, Laspau shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the site.
Laspau’s online services and social media channels may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Laspau is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Laspau shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Laspau is not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. It is your responsibility to be aware when you leave Laspau’s online services and social media channels and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about the TOU, please contact the Laspau Communications team via email.