NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Ciência sem Fronteiras
Sponsored by Government of Brazil – Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation and the Ministry of Education
Launched in 2011, Ciência sem Fronteiras (Science without Borders) is a scholarship program primarily funded by the Brazilian government, with additional private sector support. The program is a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MEC) and the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MCTI) through their respective funding agencies – the Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES) and the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq).
Through this program, the Brazilian government seeks to strengthen and expand the initiatives of science and technology, innovation and competitiveness through the international mobility of undergraduate and graduate students and researchers.
Fields of study
The Science without Borders Program supports study and research in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields including:
- Engineering and Engineering Technologies
- Earth Sciences
- Biology, Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- Aerospace Technology
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Sustainable Agricultural Production
- Oil, Gas and Coal
- Renewable Energy
- Minerals Technology
- Nanotechnology and New Materials
- Technologies for Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Disasters
- Bio-prospecting and Biodiversity
- Marine Sciences
- Creative Industry (focused on products and processes for technological development and innovation)
Instructions for the new application period is currently unavailable.